Hirers are asked to respect our premises and understand that they are used by a range of different groups.
1. DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATIONS - In these conditions the following expressions shall have the following meaning:
1.1 Academy of Creative Training Ltd is the Governing Body of ACT - ACT Brighton, ACT Hove and ACT Eastbourne.
1.2 Centre Manager means the Authorised representative for ACT.
1.3 Hirer means the person who has signed the Booking Form.
1.4 Hired Space means the part of the premises used by the Hirer as specified in the Booking Form.
2. BOOKING FORMS - All applications for the hire of a space at ACT must be made in writing on the prescribed Booking Form. It shall be the responsibility of the person named on the booking form to ensure that the conditions hereunder are adhered to be all persons making use of the premises under the terms of hire. Any notice, demand or request by ACT to the Hirer shall be sent by email, addressed to the Hirer and shall be deemed to have been received.
3. GENERAL - ACT Manager reserves the right to refuse any application to hire space without stating reasons for doing so.
4. PRICES - Fees for hiring space are included in our price list, subject to revision from time to time as ACT sees fit. Further charges may be levied if additional costs are incurred by the hiring of the space. Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the hire deposit 50% (or full fee if under £100) and the signed copy of the Booking Form & Terms and Conditions of Hire. Fees are payable in advance and are required no later than 14 days prior to specified date of room hire.
5. CANCELLATION PERIODS - 14 days notice must be given, deposit is non-refundable but balance of fees will be refunded. Cancellation within 7 days will incur full payment. We will look to re-arrange your booking once dependant on availability. The Centre Manager may suspend or cancel any hiring of premises without stating the reason for so doing. If a hiring is cancelled any hire fee previously paid for the cancelled hiring shall be reimbursed to the Hirer. Such reimbursement shall be the only liability that the Centre Manager shall incur as a result of any cancellation or suspension. Should ACT for any reason beyond its control be unable to fulfil its commitments, it will not be liable for damages or compensation, i.e. Travel costs etc.
6. ROOM RESTRICTIONS - Where the hired space forms only part of the overall Studios, access is strictly restricted to those rooms forming the hired space. The Hirer shall be liable to pay such additional fees as the Centre Manager may prescribe if a different area is used. Access to and use of the hired space shall be strictly restricted to the hired space and to the hours stated in the Hire Agreement, (i.e. the Hirer should not have access prior to or after the stated time) and the Hirer shall be liable to pay such additional fees as the Centre Manager may prescribe if the hired space is used by the Hirer outside the agreed times.
7. BLOCK BOOKINGS - Maximum 8 week block bookings only. Bookings will be reviewed before the end of each term. There shall be no variation to these conditions of hire without the prior agreement of the Centre Manager. There shall be no variation in the conditions of a regular Hire Agreement without the approval of the Centre Manager. Failure to comply may incur additional charges.
8. COPYRIGHT - No copyright work shall be performed without the licence of the owner of the copyright and the payment of any appropriate fee. The Hirer shall indemnify ACT against any infringement of copyright which may occur during the hiring.
9. LICENCES - The Hirer shall not use the hired space for any purpose for which a licence is necessary (e.g. sale of alcohol) unless such a licence is in force in respect of the premises. The Hirer shall strictly observe the conditions of any licence granted in respect of the hired space and the Hirer shall be deemed to have notice of any condition attached thereto. The hirer shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the City and County Licence Agreement, Licensing Justices & the Fire Authority.
10. PERSONAL SALES - The hired space shall not be used for the sale or display of goods and services, or for any public entertainment, without the prior written approval of ACT.
11. FOOD & DRINK - The Consumption of food and drink is permitted in the waiting areas of ACT. Only water (in a sealable bottle or container) is permitted in any of the studio spaces. If food & drink is required as part of the hire then written permission must be sought from ACT.
12. SMOKING - A no smoking policy is in force within ACT studios, meeting with current British legislation.
13. VIDEO/FILM/PHOTOGRAPHY - Hirers may not make television, film or radio recordings or take photographs on the premises without prior written approval from ACT. Film & TV Production rates are available on request. Hirers shall not show films, videos or perform plays without the prior written approval of ACT.
14. INSURANCE - The Hirer must ensure they have public liability insurance, including any teachers they send to ACT studios. You must produce proof upon request. The Hirer may be asked to submit a Risk Assessment at the discretion of ACT.
15. HEALTH & SAFETY - The Hirer is responsible for the Health and Safety of all persons using the hired space. The Hirer must therefore ensure, prior to the hiring that the hired space and all access and egress thereto is suitable for the proposed use by the Hirer and are safe for persons using the premises. The Hirer must, prior to the hiring, be fully aware of the fire precautions procedure in existence for the hired space, including identifying the fire doors and emergency means of escape from the premises. It is the hirer's responsibility to record members present at the Hirers booking. This practise will enable accountability for all members of the hired booking in the event of an emergency evacuation.
16. CHILDREN - ACT accepts no responsibility for children on its premises, any children permitted to enter the building in connection with a room hire must be accompanied by a responsible chaperone.
17. STUDIO EQUIPMENT - The hire of premises can include the use of ACT equipment within the premises including music system/s. No such equipment shall be hired out without the written approval of the Centre Manager who may specify conditions and charge such fees in respect of such use as she/he sees fit.
18. PERSONAL EQUIPMENT - No bolts, nails, tacks pins or other like objects shall be driven into any part of the hired premises nor shall any placards or other articles be affixed thereto. Any exhibits used must be free standing and not attached to any part of the building or furnishings by any means unless permission is given by the Centre manager. The Hirer shall ensure that all scenery draperies used in ACT Studios are treated with fire-resisting solution that will not constitute a fire risk to the Centre.
19. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT - Hirers are responsible for ensuring that all electrical equipment brought to the premises meets the current statutory safety standards.
20. HIRED EQUIPMENT - Equipment, if available, may be hired from ACT for the advertised fee. The arrangements of chairs, tables and the setting up of equipment will be discussed with the Hirer and every effort will be made to recognise the Hirers requirements. Unless a particular room setting is specified, the room will be prepared in the usual way for a similar function. It may not be possible to reset the room or make major changes at short notice.
21. DAMAGES - The Hirer shall be liable for all damage howsoever and by whomever caused to the premises arising out of the hiring and shall indemnify ACT against all loss, damage and expense, whether direct or indirect, arising there from unless due solely and directly to the negligence of ACT. Any damage caused shall be reported to ACT as soon as possible.
(a) The Hirer shall be liable for and shall indemnify ACT against any expenses, liability, loss claim or proceedings whatsoever arising under statute or of common law in respects of personal injury to or death of any person whomsoever or damage to any property real or personal arising directly or indirectly from the hire of the space at ACT.
(b) The Hirer is required to be insured against its legal liabilities to third parties, for both personal injury and property damage, including damage to the occupied space. Such insurance should be effected with a reputable Insurance Company and have a limit of indemnity of at least £l, 000,000 for any accident. When so required the Hirer must furnish evidence that such insurance is in force and produce the Insurance Policy. The Hirer, during the period of the hire, shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that no noise nuisance is created, respecting other users of ACT Studios.
22. PERSONAL LOSS / DAMAGES - ACT will not under any circumstance accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage to or loss of any goods, articles or property of any kind brought into or left at the premises either by the Hirer for his/her purpose or by any other persons or left or deposited with any Officer or employee of ACT.
24. ENTRY TO BUILDING - If the Hirer is provided with an entry code or other piece of information as part of our internal security procedures you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
25. CLEANLINESS - The Hirer shall at the expiration of the hire, leave the premises in a clean and orderly state. The disposal of refuse bags containing function waste is the responsibility of the Hirer. If the Hirer falls to leave the area clean and tidy after use, the cost of additional cleaning will be charged to the Hirer.
27. SUBLETTING - The hirer shall not sub-let or assign the hired space or any part thereof. Should she/he do or attempt to so do the Hire Agreement shall be cancelled and all fees paid forfeited. This agreement may be determined at any time by either party giving to the other notice which is in all circumstances of reasonable length of time. There is no need for either party to give reasons for terminating the agreement and in the event of terminating the agreement all fees paid shall be forfeited.